At Glass House we aim to have the least amount of classroom interruptions during the first few weeks of Prep.
This enables the students and their teachers to establish routines and get to know each other.
This is achieved in the following ways:
- Prep students do not participate in Tuckshop in term 1 until the beginning of week 6.
- No Perceptual Motor in term one until week 6.
- All children, including bus travellers must be collected from within the Prep classroom for the first 6 weeks. After week 6, we will have all bus travellers move over to the bus waiting area where they can meet up with their older siblings/bus buddy.
- Eating lunch at Prep for Term 1 & Term 2
- Playing at the 'big school' and eating lunch at prep will commence in Term 3