At Glass House Mountains State School we have a team of dedicated staff members who support children with additional needs in many varied ways.
Central to this support is the Specific Needs Action Committee (SNAC) - consisting of the Principal, Guidance Officer, Support Teacher: Literacy and Numeracy, Head of Curriculum, Special Education Teacher and some class teachers. Children who are experiencing ongoing difficulties with their learning are referred to the SNAC team. The members of the Committee discuss the referral and decide on further action to support the child in the best way.
Children at Glass House Mountains State School are supported to succeed by the SNAC team, classroom teachers and teacher aides along with advice and assistance provided by:
- The visiting Speech Language Pathologist
- The regional Behaviour Management Support team
- Advisory Visiting Teachers
- Visiting Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy specialists
- Visiting Hearing and Vision Screeners
The support and assistance may be provided through:
- Case management advice to the team
- Conducting information sessions to the staff and/or parents
- Providing resources where available
- Assisting with assessments and assessment analysis
- Providing intervention support
At Glass House Mountains State School, we strive to support all children to achieve their best learning outcomes. Please see your child's teacher, Principal, Deputy Principal or the Learning Support Teacher if you have concerns.