A crucial component of the Glass House Mountains' whole school approach to positive behaviour support is "Program Achieve". The Program has been adopted throughout the school to encourage the use of positive thinking processess (Habits of the Mind).
Based on Five Essential Keys to Success (Organisation, Confidence, Persistence, Getting Along and Emotional Resilience), the program provides each person with strategies and attitudes gthrough which to view the world.
Self Talk and thinking through one's response to given circumstances are central to the program.
The Habits of the Mind are taught throughout the program and form our Student Code of Conduct:
- Play by the rules to protect everyone's rights
- Think first before acting
- Be tolerant of others and see the good in them
- Be prepared for school and use time wisely
- Set goals that are challenging yet achievable
- Work through difficult situations positively
- Give effort to all tasks
- Display a positive 'I can do it' attitude
- Be an independent worker yet not overly concerned with what other people think
- Be prepared to take risks and not afraid to make mistakes
- Accept yourself for who you are, not based on your achievements or failures
- Keep things in perspective
- Find someone to talk to and share your feelings
- Use positive self-talk and focus on the positive
- Stay calm and relaxed
- Find something fun to do