The school in conjunction with Education Queensland, has an official Facebook page where information about school events/celebrations and notices will be posted. All postings must adhere to the Department of Education, Training and Employment Acceptable Use Guidelines.
Queensland Department of Education Acceptable Use Guidelines
These guidelines are to ensure individuals can contribute their opinions and views without being exposed to inappropriate content, offensive language or discriminatory views.
When contributing, do not post any material* that:
- is racist, hateful, defamatory, libellous, derogatory, threatening, harassing abusive, discriminatory or humiliating to another person or organisation;
- is pornographic or contains nudity;
- vilifies individuals based on their religion, gender, race or sexuality
- contains material (written, audio, video and other electronic forms) that infringes Intellectual Property* rights such as copyright.
- contains personal information about another individual without their consent (including identifying information, email addresses, phone numbers or private addresses)
- falsely represents another individual, organisation, government or entity,
- infers endorsement of a product, business, company or organisation
- promotes a product, business, company or organisation
- is a statement that may interfere with or prejudice the course of or otherwise deals with civil or criminal proceedings that are presently before any court, tribunal, commission or similar body or any investigation by the police, Crime and Corruption Commission or other agency
The Department retains the right to ‘Mark as Spam’ any content that does not comply with the above guidelines, irrelevant or otherwise unsuitable.
Your comment/material may be circulated within the Department and/or relevant school to provide you with a response and/or in order to further consider the matter you have raised. Other than this, the Department will not republish personal opinions and personal information that have been published on this page unless the Department is authorised to do so under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) or, in the case of student personal information, the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006 (Qld). Examples include: if authorised or required by law, disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious threat to the life, safety or welfare of an individual, or the required consents have been provided to do so.
* The Department retains copies of comments and posts to comply with the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld).
* Intellectual Property covers a wide range of rights, including copyright, patents, industrial designs and trademarks that protect the product of original and creative effort. Copyright owners can prevent others from reproducing or communicating their work without the owner's permission.