In September 1910, the residents of Glass Mountains petitioned the Department for the reopening of the school as a State School and District Inspector Gripps visited the area on 30 September, and recommended the re-opening.
In October 1910, the Minister approved the re-opening of the school as a State School and Miss Gertrude O’Gorman was appointed as Head Teacher. The school was re-opened on the same site and the number changed to 1242.
New pupils at the school on that day were: Thomas King, Mary Burgess, Willie Assmusin, Janet Burgess, Frederick Reed, Frances (Dolly) King, Mary Roberts, Owen Roberts, Gladys Roberts, Kate Roberts, Cyril Bruce, Claude Bruce, Edward Bruce, Tom Bruce, Allen Bruce and Gladys Bruce. According to school Registers the State School was opened on 31 October, 1910.
The enrolment remained until 13 July, 1914 when it reached 16 pupils and had climbed to 20 by 24 May 1915. A gradual increase continued and by Breaking Up Day 1917 the total had exceeded 30 pupils.
Mr. Shapcott invited Alexander King - a well-known local resident - to hand out the gift books to each pupil at the school on that day, a duty which he continued to do each year for the next 25 years until his death in 1942. This duty was then passed on to Mr. William Burgess, Sr. until he also passed away. These two men had been on the original committee in 1905.
By 1922 the total enrolment had passed 43 and went on to exceed 50 by the end of 1928. Because of this increase an assistant teacher, was appointed on 29 October 1928. The increase continued and by 27 August 1931 a second assistant arrived as the enrolment had then neared 100.
In 1926 additions were made to the existing building. It was then raised on high stumps and painted.
Yet another addition, a second classroom, was made in 1930 to accommodate the increased staff. This work was done by Mr. R.J.C. Nielsen, who tendered £432 and the new room was occupied on 3 February 1930.
By the end of 1931, the total for the first 25 years had reached 362 pupils and it was decided to commence a new count. On the first day of January 1932, the new count commenced.